WF Praise & CASE Challenge
(WF11 = Winterfest 2011)
THIS WF11 Praise & CASE blog post - how to enter & gallery
Link to WF11 Praise & CASE challenge discussion thread - chatter & questions
Link to WF11 Master Thread
DATES: Begins: Sat., 3/5/2011 Ends: Sun, 3/15/2011
If you have any questions about this challenge,
please ask them in the WF11 Praise & CASE challenge discussion thread
How to Enter:
1. Go to the Stamping Gallery. Leave praise for at least 5 different Winterfest 2011 cards or projects - each made by a different Pea (5 different people). Go to the Discussion Thread. Link to the 5 cards or projects you praised.
2. Choose one of the Winterfest 2011 cards or projects that you praised to CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit). Make your own NEW Winterfest card or project that is inspired by the original card or project, but that is not exactly the same - and that uses at least one stamp (traditional or digital - either is OK). When you upload your CASE card, select this challenge's checkbox and please use WF11 in your title.
3. Go to the Discussion Thread. Edit your previous entry with the links to the 5 cards or projects you praised. Tell us which one you CASEd and why. Then post a link to your CASE card or project in the Discussion Thread.
HOW TO CREATE A LINK:
1. Find the project in the Stamping Gallery that you praised.
2. In your browser, highlight the ENTIRE url (web address) for that page and press Ctrl+C to copy that url to your clipboard.
3. Go to the Discussion Thread and click Post Reply. The Message Board Posting window appears.
4. Just after the row of smilies / emoticons, there is PeaCode. Click URL. A URL pop-up appears.
5. The entire http:// phrase in the pop-up window should be highlighted. Press Ctrl+V to paste the link from your clipboard. Click OK. The pop-up changes.
6. Instead of web page type something more descriptive, like Susie's birthday card or Jan's ornament basically giving the person's name or Peaname and the project title. Click OK. The code gets pasted into your Message Board Post.
7. Press the Enter key to get a new line. Repeat for the other links.
NOTE: You may find it helpful to have TWO browser window or tabs open ... one on the Stamping Gallery and the other on the Discussion Thread, to make the cutting and pasting easier.
MAC USERS: I think that you use Cmd+C to copy and Cmd+V to paste.
* You may enter as many times as you like, but each time you enter, you must praise an NEW set of 5 cards or projects. Each card or project should be from a different Pea within a single entry - but you can repeat Peas in subsequent entries.
* Please be sure to leave praise on the card or project you CASE and let the person know why you liked it enough to CASE it.
* You may combine the CASE card or project for this challenge with other challenges.
* You may not combine the praise portion of the challenge with other challenges - you must leave NEW praise for this challenge.
* I will select one random winner from all qualified entries and the randomly-selected winner will receive a $10 gift certificate from Two Peas from me. I will announce the winner on or before Wed., March 16th, 2011.
Sample Praise & CASE Card
Susanna (Susieqscrapper) made the most amazing Vintage Birthday Card with a masculine flair. I just kept thinking about it, because it was sooooo good. I especially liked the way she framed the focal star image in her card. So, I decided to Praise & CASE it as the sample for this challenge.
Please check out Susanna's (Susieqscrapper's) original Vintage Birthday Card here and leave her some comment love!
Here is my CASE of Susanna's (Susieqscrapper's) card:
You can view this card in the Two Peas Stamping Gallery here.
NOTE: You may not CASE this sample card for the WF11 Praise & CASE Challenge.
Link to WF11 Praise & CASE Challenge Discussion Thread
Link to WF11 Master Thread
Once the challenge has started, scroll down to see all the entries for this challenge in the section marked "Layouts Submitted to the Challenge" below.