WF11 Make Your Own Background Challenge
(WF11 = Winterfest 2011)
THIS WF11 Make Your Own Background blog post - how to enter & gallery
WF11 Make Your Own Background discussion thread - chatter & questions
WF11 Master Thread
DATES: Begins: Sat., 3/5/2011 Ends: Sun., 3/15/2011
If you have any questions about this challenge,
please ask them in the WF11 Make Your Own Background discussion thread
How to Enter:
This challenge is about creating your own background by using a stamp that is 2" x 2" or smaller, instead of a larger background stamp. The 2" x 2" refers to the size of the stamped image itself, not the block.
1. Create a NEW card, ATC, layout, or other project of your choice that includes a background that you made by stamping a 2" x 2" stamp or smaller repeatedly to create a background effect. The background should be at least 3.75" x 5" in dimension (stamped all over!), which should give both card makers and scrappers some options on how to use the background piece.
2. Upload your project to the Stamping Gallery. Please use WF11 in your title.
3. Go to the Discussion Thread and add a link to your project. Refer to this blog post for information on How to Create a Link in a discussion thread.
* You may enter as many times as you like, but each time you have to use a DIFFERENT stamp to create your background.
* You may combine multiple smaller stamps, so long as they are less than 2" x 2" combined, to create your background. (This is easier to do with clear stamps ... you can arrange them all on one block.)
* You may combine this challenge with other challenges.
For the background of this card, I used a small flower, and stamped it repeatedly to make a background design.
For the background of this card, I used a small leafy branch stamp, and stamped it repeatedly to make a background.
I will select one random winner from all qualified entries. I will announce the winner on or before Wed., March 16th, 2011. The winner will receive a 5x7 greeting card of my Bridal Veil Falls photograph, which the winner could use to send a greeting (blank inside) or frame.
Have fun and thanks for playing!