When I opened my Fancy Pants box and saw the cute Artist Edition Metal Charms, they immediately reminded me of the pendant on one of my favorite pieces of costume jewelry. Making a pendant is simple and makes a quick and easy gift for yourself or a special friend!
Fancy Pants Supplies:
It’s The Little Things: Gerbera Daisy 12x12 pattern paper
It’s The Little Things: Honeysuckle 12x12 pattern paper
It’s The Little Things: Shuffle 12x12 pattern paper
It’s The Little Things: Buttons
Artist Edition: Metal Charms
Beach Bum: Alphabet Stickers
Misc coordinating beads
Artist Edition: Ribbon
1. First, trace the white paper stencil in the package onto a piece of pattern paper – Best part is that you can use the scraps from your most recent beautiful “It’s the Little Things” layout!
2. Then use a sealing adhesive (I used Modge Podge) to attach the pattern paper on the charm.
3. Embellish the charm. Here are a few ideas:
• Chipboard letters/pieces
• Cut small patterns out of pattern paper (e.g. the birds on the
• Roll handmade flowers
4. Measure a length of ribbon (approximately 18-24 inches long) and string it through the eye of the metal charm.
5. Finally, add some coordinating beads (or better yet, make some paper beads) and you have completed your project!
You may consider brushing on another coat of sealer to strengthen the embellishments on the pendant.
I hope your creative juices are flowing! – Be sure to come back and share if you are inspired to make a Fancy Pants metal charm pendant!