In-House Scrapbooker Ann-Marie Morris is going to show us how to make this fun inspiration chalkboard featuring Thickers with a step-by-step photo tutorial - I can't wait!
Supplies: 12x12 Kraft Cardstock (71464) - AC Cardstock, 3 Black FMB (62063) - Slick Writer Packs, Blush Sunset (53182) - Thickers, Dawn (58620) -Ribbon, Blue Skies Pearl Brads (85267) - Elements; Other supplies: Circle cutter, scissors, hole punch
Ann-Marie says, "
I love design in all forms, so combining scrapbooking, decorating, and typography all in one project sounded like fun! I enjoy having an inspiring reminder on my chalkboard so I can see it every time I walk by. Plus, it's a great way to play with less frequently-used Thickers, such as "x" and "z." Try it for yourself!"
1. Decide on a phrase you want to spell over four circles to be made into a banner. Starting with your first letter, begin to place Thickers in a circle shape on kraft cardstock, covering at least 4x4" of space.
2. Trace around each letter with a fine point Slick Writer. Color in your chosen letter with a medium point Slick Writer.
3. Cut out a 4" circle using a circle cutter or punch.
4. Attach each circle to each other with a pearl brad.
5. Tie ribbon to the ends of the banner for it to be able to hang.
6. Drape over a chalkboard and enjoy your creation!
This is definitely a great combination of scrapbooking, decorating, and typography!
Come back in a few hours for a really cool stop-motion video featuring Amy Tan and her new line!