Hello Fancy Pants Designs Friends! I am excited to be posting today for the CKU Blog Hop! For all of us participating, we're excited to share with you projects that we hope get you excited about CKU Reunion, whether you’ve already registered, are planning to come, or wishing you were coming. The blog hop goes from Friday, October 7th at 10:00 am MT until Saturday, October 8th at 10:00 am MT. If you get lost during the hop, come back here for the hop order (below).
Now, on to my post ... I wanted to do something quick and easy for all of us busy scrappers out there! This is a super easy way to scrapbook, store photos, and just journal away the busy days of life! This project is using our Summer's End Collection, the same collection we will be using in our Album Track at CKU.
This is the cover of my family brag book!
The supplies used for my project were:
Brag Book (Fancy Pants Designs)
Summer's End Papers, Chipboard, Stickers, Glitter Cuts and Buttons (Fancy Pants Designs)
Stamp Runner/Dimensional Foam/Liquid Adhesive (Tombow)
1. To create this cover, trim your lined paper (Fall Frames) to 6 1/4" x 9 1/8" and adhere to your Brag Book Cover.
2. Next, from your brown paper (Abundance), trim it to 4 1/4" x 5 3/4". Don't adhere this piece just yet ... we want to embellish it first!
3. Next, from the Summer's End Sticker Sheet, use your polka dot scalloped border to line the edge of the where your lined paper meets the book binding print.
4. Now, to embellish your brown box, take the "We May Not..." quote sticker and place it near the top and center of the brown piece as seen in the photo.
5. Trim the heart shape out of paper. I just 'free-handed' the heart shape here and cut it from my turquoise paper (Changing).
6. If you want to stitch the buttons to your heart, judge where your sticker will be, then stitch the buttons on. (We will add the sticker last.)
7. From the Glitter Cuts sheet, remove the flourish Glitter Cut and place behind the heart. You may want to move it around to get the best look and then trim off the part that you don't use (I trimmed off one piece of the flourish.)
8. Now we have nearly all our pieces in place. Adhere those pieces to your brown piece, but only use adhesive where it is touching the brown area ... we want to use pop dots on the pieces hanging over the edge!
9. Next, we will add dimensional foam adhesive to the back of our brown piece and glue centered (from left to right) and nearer the top of the book cover and stick down. Add a foam piece to the back, right corner of the 'my family' stamp sticker and tuck it just beneath your stitched button and on your heart, with the foam adhesive hanging over the edge to keep the dimension.
10. Next, from the Chipboard Pieces set, add the cute doily banner chipboard along the top left corner, at angle, of the brown piece. No need to add adhesive here!
11. Last, add any journaling or titles you want for your book at the bottom of the page and just like that you've got a *fancy* new Brag Book ready to be filled!
I hope you'll join me and these fabulous ladies below in celebrating CKU Reunion and I hope to see you very soon in the Fancy Pants Designs Album Track class! Oh, and here are all the details to join us beyond this fun Blog Hop!
CKU Reunion is in San Diego, CA, October 27-29 and is going to be a fun-filled weekend of creating, connecting, and inspiration. You’ll spend one day completing an album that will be ready for photos when you get home and another day creating in four, 90 minute classes including mixed media canvas art, fabric creations, jewelry, and more. Plus, there are evening crops, bonus classes, goodie bags, a commemorative tote, and so much more all for only $295! And you’ll be learning from some of the industry’s finest such as Lisa Bearnson, Teresa Collins, Stacy Julian, Michelle Hill, Megan Hoeppner, and other inspiring teachers, like me :)). You know you want to come, so register today so you’ll have plenty of time to pack your supplies for the trip. See you in San Diego!
Jodi Sanford (You Are Here)