Hello everyone! Vicki here. Today, I thought I would share with you a fun way to use your packaging from your Fancy Pants Buttons to make a Halloween card with a extra treat included. Of course since it's October, My card is a Halloween card, using the Oct. 31 line ... but you could use the same idea to create a Birthday, Christmas, Valentine, or any other themed card.
Fancy Pants Supplies:
Oct. 31: Night patterned paper
Oct. 31: Spell patterned paper
Oct. 31t: Love Potion patterned paper
Oct. 31: Cards patterned paper
Oct. 31: Rub-ons
Oct. 31: Element stickers
Oct. 31t: trims
Oct. 31: black button
Any Fancy Pants button packaging
I'm going to show you how to create a candy holder for your card for you card. You and can finish off and embellish your card with the Fancy Pants embellishments you choose :)
Here is how to get started.
1. Remove the buttons and paper backing form your button packaging.
2. Cut a 10 x 7 inch piece from the Orange side of the "Night" paper. Score in the middle and fold to create card.
3. Open your card up so that you are looking at the front of your card. Decide where you would like the placement of your treat box . Measure out and mark off with a pencil and ruler, where you will cut with your exacto knife, to create the opening. (2 7/8 inch x 2 1/2 inch) Make sure your box fits well. Make any adjustments if needed before adhering the edges of your box to the inside of your card front.
4. While you have your exacto knife handy, this is a good time to cut a border for the front of your card to go around your box, using the same idea of measuring and cutting as you just did to create the opening for your box in your card front.
5. Before adding your treats, use your exacto knife to cut a (2 1/2 inch x 1 inch) opening to the inside (top half) of the card, where the top of the treat box is. (cut the top an two sides only).
6. You can add a sticker tab, from your sheet of element stickers the top of it, to help hold it closed.
7. I added some strips of different papers to the inside of my card to dress it up a little:) This is optional of course.
8. You can cut your favorite image from the front of the "cards" paper sheet, and design the front of your card with the special person who will receive it in mind. Not only will they enjoy receiving a fun hand made card ... but all they have to do, is pop open the tab and enjoy a little treat!
I hope you give it a try. It's a little extra treat for the special recipient ... and I great way to use your packaging in a fun and creative way.