Gosh, it's hard to believe it's already 2012! Before you know if will be Valentine's Day already. So, why not get started now on some home décor for heart-day?
Today, I'm sharing this happy little banner, which uses a couple of unique and fun techniques. I'll show you how to do them below.
Fancy Pants supplies:
Love Story: Elements Stickers
Love Story: Cards patterned paper
Love Story: Forever Yours patterned paper?
Love Story: One Heart patterned paper?
Love Story: Strips patterned paper
Love Story: All My Heart patterned paper?
Love Story: XOXO patterned paper?
Artist's Edition: Banners (Triangle, Half Circle and Ribbon Edge) ?
Artist's Edition: Black Trim
Artist's Edition: Filter Embellishments? (Scallop and Floral)
Artist's Edition: Metal Charms
photo printed on standard office paper (laser/toner print)?
Gloss Gel Medium?
photo editing software
Photo Transfer Technique:
1. With a paintbrush, apply a think layer of gloss gel to the pennant chipboard banner piece. ??
2. Place gel covered side down onto printed photo. Smooth out bubbles.???
3. Trim away excess photo.
4. Allow to dry overnight.
5. Use a small amount of cool water to wet the back side of the photo and gently rub away paper.????
6. Using a paintbrush, apply a thick coat of Mod Podge and allow to dry.?
Photo Heart Technique:
1. Using a photo editing software program, such as Photoshop, re-size and arrange desired photos to create photo strips. I sized mine to about 1 ¼ inches wide. Print on standard office paper.???
2. Adhere photos to back side of patterned paper.????
3. Trim photo strips. I trimmed mine to 1 inch wide.
4. Staple ends of strips, to create your heart! Trim excess at tope and bottom with decorative scissors. Punch holes to slide trim through.?
I hope you've enjoyed these techniques. If you end up giving them a try, we'd love to see them. Post your photos on our Facebook wall so we can check them out!
Happy New Year!