Be You has to be my favorite line right now, so I was really excited to be able to create a project using it! I thought it would be fun to make a banner for my scrapbook room! So here it is, hope you enjoy it and want to make one for yourself!
Fancy Pants Supplies:
Artist's Edition: Chipboard banner kit
Be You: Heart ribbon
Be You: Buttons
Be You: Gametime, Daffodils, Forget Me Not, Lazy Days, Daylight, Gardening, Subway Art, and Hide and Seek patterned papers
Be You: Flocked Heart overlay
Be You: Filter embellishments
Be You: Chipboard piece (Live in the Moment)
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: My Stick Runner and Crafty Power Tape
acalloped edge scissors
black pen of choice
1. Trace papers and flocked overlay to fit banner pieces and cut, ink and adhere using the My Stick Runner ... (I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this thing! It's a-m-a-z-i-n-g!)
2. Cut 1 1/2 strips (I used 3) of FORGET ME NOT paper. Trim with scalloped edge scissors. Use the micro hole punch to punch out holes around edge (this mimics the holes in the edge of the paper filter). Add ink and black stitching lines. Adhere and trim to banner pieces. Use large hole punch to punch holes for ribbon to pass through, using the holes on the back to guide you)
3. Using large scalloped punch, punch 6 circles (It measures 3 1/2 inches across). Using the smaller scalloped circle punch, punch 6 of those (this one measures about 1 7/8"). Again, using the micro hole punch, punch around edges of all circles. Ink all edges with black, and add stitching with your black pen of choice. Adhere smaller circles inside the larger ones using your MY STICK RUNNER!!! Set these aside for now.
4. Cut out the BE YOU from the SUBWAY ART paper. Add black ink and definition lines around them with your pen.
5. Punch 5 small flowers, ink edges black and adhere to the BE YOU letters. Add "bling" in centers.
6. Add pop dots or foam squares to backs of letters, and adhere to your pre-assembled circles.
7. Carefully line up your completed scalloped circles onto your banner pieces, making sure they are all at the same level. Stick these down with your MY STICK RUNNER!! (I told you I loved that thing!!!)
MIDDLE BANNER PIECE
1. The CURLZ... Cut 8 or 9 - 1/4" x 12" strips. Using your wire curler (or a pencil), curl your strips . Set aside.
2. Gather the large paper filter, and use STICKY TAPE to hold it together. Add a few more pieces to hold your CURLZ. Start sticking your CURLZ down, using more STICKY TAPE as needed; making sure to spread them out evenly. If you want more, go ahead!! They are hopelessly addictive, and look amazing!
3. When you have all your CURLZ where you want them, begin to assemble the top scalloped circles. Using the GAMETIME scallop circle (pink with black dots), stick the smallest paper filter to it using ... you guessed it... MY STICK RUNNER . Add another small scalloped circle for the center. Using foam tape, stick the CHIPBOARD EMBELLISHMENT (Live in the Moment) to this piece.
4. Now that you have that part assembled, it's time to add it to your banner/CURLZ part. I used quite a few foam squares to raise it high enough so as not to 'squish' my wonderful little CURLZ. This also gives it more depth, and adds more interest!
ASSEMBLING YOUR BANNER
1. Using your cream ribbon that came with the banner kit, thread this through your punched holes, making sure to keep the cream ribbon to the BACK of each banner. At the ends, loop them and tie into a knot. Make sure to leave about an inch between each banner to add the button bows.
2. Cut "5" 2 inch pieces of the blue heart ribbon. Choose which medium sized buttons you would like to use, and figure out where you want to put them ahead of time.
3. Using about 6 inches of black floss, thread through your button, with both threads going to the BACK of the button. Take this and lay it on top of your blue heart ribbon, and place both on top of the cream ribbon. Wrap both threads in OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS around all ribbon layers, and then bring threads UP THROUGH THE BUTTON HOLES. Tie in a knot, and then a bow. You can use a small dab of clear glue to keep your bow from unraveling, or you can double tie your bow.
4. Repeat this 4 more times to make all your bows for the middle part of your banner.
5. For the end bows, I made them more like bows, and did the same thing with the buttons, only I used the largest buttons in the package.
I hope you enjoy making this as much as I did! I love looking at it as it hangs in my scrapbook room! It reminds me to be myself, and it also reminds me that I am truly blessed to be able to have this opportunity to be on the Fancy Pants design team! Oh, and you HAVE to go out and get that little MY STICK RUNNER from Scrapbook Adhesives! Happy scrapping!
P.S. Remember to leave a comment on this post and every post this week for a chance to win some goodies from Fancy Pants and 3L! And visit the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog for more ideas and ANOTHER chance to win!
You have until Friday, March 11, 2012, at midnight (12:00 am MDT), to enter. Winner will be drawn from all comments from all blog hop posts during March 5-11, 2012, by a random number generator and posted here on our blog and on our FB page on Tuesday, March 13, 2012. Contest is open to US and international residents.