Hi, I'm Valerie Allen
and am happy to share a layout for Make It Sunday! I have been married ten years and we have a six year old son and three year old daughter. We live in Phoenix, Arizona, and enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities. This year I have started using Project Life, and love to make cards and altered items.
This layout was definitely inspired by leap day. I just had to record a day that comes but every four years...even though we didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Triangles/chevron pattern has been such a popular trend this spring. I saw on Pinterest an easy technique to apply them to scrapbooking.Here's how this layout came together:
1. For the base of this page I used Lily Bee's Whiteboard Memorandum Paper
and various scraps for the triangles. I took my EK Tools square punch
and punched several types of patterned paper. I then cut those squares in half. I eyed where I wanted to place them, and adhered them one row at a time.
2. I used a Elle's Studio Collected Large Journaling Tag
to use as the base for my title. I applied some yellow paint before adhering the lettering.
3. I then added one of the Elle's Studio Lil' Snippets: This Week - Yellow
to the the top of the large journaling tag.
4. For the right corner, I trimmed down one of the Elle's Studio 2012 4x3 Vintage Calendar Tags
and circled leap day on the calender.
5. Three photos from the day were placed horizontally across the page. I then took the highlights tag from the Elle's Studio Make A List 3 x 4 Tags
and cut it into three sections. This is where I journaled about each one of the photographs. Underneath the third tag, I layered one of the Elle's Studio Pennants - Bright and Vintage
6. Lastly, I scattered four buttons on the layout.
In the past, I had really focused on scrapbooking more of the "special" days and moments. I have to say, it can be just as fun to get a regular day recorded!