Hey everyone! My name is Melissa Mann
and I live on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico in Pensacola, FL! I'm married to the best guy, Troy, and we have two dogs, Sammy and Lucy, and one cat, Daisy. I first started scrapbooking in 2005 - shortly after we moved here from Maryland. Since then, it has slowly overtaken our spare bedroom! I have been privileged to be published in CARDS, Scrapbook Trends, & Create magazines. I also design for American Crafts, Blue Moon Scrapbooking, SEI, The Green Frog Studio, and Lawn Fawn. My day job consists of being a team lead for the front desk team at a condominium resort in Perdido Key, FL. Here's how this layout came together:
1. I matted a piece of the "Hazy Horizon" pattern paper with Kraft card stock. I sprinkled some Clay and Dark Calico Mr. Huey across the paper.
2. I then stitched down some different strips of paper across the top and bottom of my layout with my sewing machine.
3. I cut the flaps off of the Kraft envelopes and placed them down and then stitched across the very bottoms of them (that way I could still fit my pictures & journaling blocks in the envelopes).
4. Then came the fun part of picking out different tags to embellish each envelope with. I played around with the placement of it all until I liked everything and then I adhered it down. (Products used: Collected Cutouts
, Number Tidbits
, One & Only Strips
, Collected Note Tags
, Make a List 3 x 4 Journaling tags
5. I did a little bit of stamping on a couple of the tags. I also tucked in some other embellishments such as word stickers, the badge, and chipboard heart.
6. After that I placed my photo and journaling card into each envelope.
7. I created a little banner in the upper right hand corner by cutting out some of the pennants
and cut a bit off each of the tops of them and stitched that down.
8. Lastly, I stitched a piece of the Pink Paislee trim down to my layout, placed my title on top of it, and my typed journaling strip underneath it.Our Make It Sunday blog series has been taken over by past members of our design team! We are so excited to see their work featured again, here at our site! Look for a different past design team member each week.