Fancy This: 30 Minute Layout
The days are getting cooler here in New Zealand, which means they must be getting warmer in the USA. If you are from the Southern Hemisphere it’s likely you have piles of summer photos to scrap, and those in the north will have them soon! I’m traditionally someone that takes a long time to do a layout, but with so many summer photos to scrap I set myself a challenge. 30 minutes to do a layout ... I succeeded, so I thought I’d share the step by steps for my 30 minute layout today!
Beach Fun by Nic Howard
Fancy Pants Supplies:
Wave Searcher: Strips patterned paper
Wave Searcher: Shovel patterned paper
Wave Searcher: Cards patterned paper
Wave Searcher: Element stickers
Wave Searcher: Buttons
Wave Searcher: Alphas
Oct 31: Alphas
black journaling pen & ruler
1” circle punch
1. Cut the advertising strip from Wave Searcher Strips paper, flip it to the reverse side, this is the base for our layout.
2. Rip a piece of corrugated cardboard to 8 ½” wide and approx. 2-3” high. Paint roughly with white paint. Adhere approx. 6-7” from the top of the layout. (I add this to my layout for a neutral contrast and a little dimension too!).
3. Matte your photos in white cardstock. Matte your focus photo in the patterned side of Wave Searcher Shovel. Adhere both photos as shown; you may want to add some dimensional foam behind the tops of the photos.
4. Cut 4-5 ‘flag’ shapes from the different patterns and elements in the Wave Searcher Cards patterned paper. My biggest flags are 2 ½” long by 1 ½” wide. Place across underneath the photos. Do not adhere just yet; we want to add more elements yet.
5. Punch several 1” circles from white cardstock. Add stickers from the Wave Searcher element sheet. Punch holes in the circles just like buttons, thread string through and create a banner string wide enough to go across underneath your photos. Adhere down.
6. Keep adding small flags and items from the Wave Searcher Element sheet to fill up your banner. I used my circle punch to cut some circular elements from the sticker sheet, and used some as they were. The summer flag is from the Wave Searcher Cards patterned paper. You can add buttons and any other pieces as well – adhere everything down once you are happy with placement.
7. Finish your layout by adding a title, pen details and journaling and you are done!
Coordinated collections of papers, element stickers, embellishments and alpha stickers make this kind of page so easy to do. Banners full of interesting embellishments makes even the most simple page look interesting. All that in 30 minutes – who would have thought!
I hope you enjoyed my layout; I enjoyed sharing it with you! I’d love to hear how you go if you attempt a 30 minute layout too!
3/15/2012 2:43:13 PM | Comments (0) | Send a Message (PeaMail) | Vote for this Blog Post
The resource was found at http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/BLOG/59627/
you should be redirected automatically.