Black Cat Matte Blog Post (THIS POST!) = details on how to enter and gallery of entries (scroll to bottom)
Black Cat Matte Discussion Thread = chatter and questions
WSW12 Master Thread = all WSW12 challenges
WSW12 Black Cat Matte Challenge
Dates: Begins Fri. 6/8/12 - Ends Mon. 6/18/12
NOW CLOSED! Winner = GeorgiaMolly!
The Story Behind the Challenge
I got the idea for this challenge to celebrate two things in my life. First, I would like to celebrate and honor the memory of our beloved tuxedo cat, Melody, who left us for the Rainbow Bridge this past March. Our world is not the same without her!
And, second, I would like to celebrate the fact that two of my artist trading cards (ATC) - each featuring a Penny Black stamp - were recently published in the online Scrapbook News & Review magazine. Normally, you have to have a subscription to the magazine to see the projects featured in it, but both of these artist trading cards made it into the images they rotate in previews. One of my ATCs is the first in the rotation on this page, and the second ATC is the first in the rotation on the mixed media page.
How to Enter
To enter the WSW12 Black Cat Matte Challenge, follow these instructions:
1. Make a NEW card, artist trading card (ATC), or other project that includes stamping (at least one stamp) AND a black matte (made from cardstock) somewhere in the project. Projects should NOT be just black and white. Use color!
You will get another chance in the random draw if your project includes at least one cat.
You will get another chance in the random draw if your project includes at least one Penny Black stamp (be sure to mention the stamp number like 30-116 or K5332 and the stamp name!)
2. Upload your project to the Two Peas Stamping Gallery and include WSW12 in your project title. When you are uploading to the gallery, be sure to check the box for the WSW12 Black Cat Matte challenge. If you check the challenge box when you upload your project, it should appear below in the section called "Layouts Submitted to this Challenge."
3. Go to the Discussion Thread for the Black Cat Matte Challenge and let us know that you have entered. If possible, please post a link to your project. If you do not know how to create a link, please see the "How to Create A Link" section (in red) on this page (but use the URL for your project).
4. Look in the "Layouts Submitted to this Challenge" section below, and leave Pea Praise on at least one project besides your own.
* You may enter as many times as you like, but each time you enter, you must praise another person's project (if you run out of opportunities to comment on others in this challenge, then comment on someone else's project for another WSW12 challenge).
* You may combine this challenge with other challenges.
* I will select one random winner from all qualified entries, and the randomly-selected winner will receive one Penny Black stamp or stamp set of their choice (up to $15.50 in value). There are PLENTY to choose from and drool over! I will announce the winner here at Two Peas on or before Tuesday, June 19th.
This is an example featuring cats. The sentiment is framed by a scalloped black matte.
This is another example featuring a cat. The oval zendoodle is framed by a die-cut black matte.
The matte you use may be thick ...
... or thin
The matte you use may be die-cut ...
... or hand cut (also called fussy cut)
The matte you use may be rectangular ...
... or even the base of the card itself
The matte can NOT be stamped - it must be made from cardstock - so the card below would NOT qualify for this challenge.
Good luck! Have fun!
Link to Black Cat Matte Discussion Thread
Link to WSW12 Master Thread