Morning everyone! Piradee here today to start off your scrappy week with some card inspirations, created using the sweet Hopscotch collection. I absolutely adore the sweet colors along with the pop of pink and the vintage designs in this collection—check out that floral pattern paper and you’ve got to see the newsprint one too. And the collection is just perfect for some cheery fun cards…
Interested in making some of you own? Well I’ll be sharing some behind the scene pictures and tips on one of cards and so grab your stash of yummy fancy pants goodies and let’s get started:
Fancy Pants Designs supplies:
Hopscotch: Strolling Pattern Paper
Hopscotch: Jump Rope Pattern Paper
Hopscotch: Tangerine Pattern Paper
Hopscotch: Grove Pattern Paper
Hopscotch: Charming Pattern Paper
Hopscotch: Sticker Fundamentals
Hopscotch: Brag Pad
Hopscotch: Mingled Buttons
1. First start off by selecting one of the pages from the brag pad to be used as the base of the card.
2. Then trim 0.5” from the top and side of the page, before matting it on a solid color pattern paper (to help highlight the design).
3. Next to create the layered flower; I used my sizzix flower die to cut two flower sets using different pattern papers. However, these flowers can be easily replicated using a circle punch (3 different sizes) and snipping the sides of the punched out circles so that you can fold over the edges.
4. Then layer the different circles together and fasten with a brad, to create the layered flower.
5. Then with the strolling pattern paper, cut two leaves. What I usually do is cut out a rectangle piece first and then folding the paper before cutting one side of the leaf.
6. Next using the tangerine pattern paper cut out two banners to be used to contrast the flower.
7. Then in putting everything together, start with adhering the banners then followed by a strip of ribbon, before adhering the layered flower (with foam dots) and the leaves.
8. And using the buttons from the mingled embellishment pack, add a few onto of each other over the brad/center of the flower.
9. Then using the new fundamental stickers, add the “beautiful” stickers and the letters as needed.
Thanks everyone for stopping by and be sure to stop by each day this week as we lead up to World Card Making Day this Saturday! We've got lots of card inspiration here for you all week! I hope you have a scrappy week ahead!