Leslie Ashe is going to show us step-by-step how to make this lovely "Dream" altered heart hanging:
DREAM ALTERED HANGING by Leslie Ashe
Supplies: Memory Lane Paper (35802) – 5th & Frolic, Pretty Parkway Paper (35800) – 5th & Frolic, Simplicity Circle Paper (35801) – 5th & Frolic, Laughter Lane Paper (35801) – 5th & Frolic, Cozy Court Paper (35814) – 5th & Frolic, Foxy Fairview Paper (35805) – 5th & Frolic,
7th & Sunshine Paper (35810) – 5th & Frolic, Aspen Place Paper (35813) – 5th & Frolic, 2nd & Oak Paper (35812) – 5th & Frolic, Blossom Blvd Paper (35844) – 5th & Frolic, Black (71082) – Cardstock, White (71081) – Cardstock, Kale (71564) – Cardstock,
Turf (71567) – Cardstock, Surf (71508) – Cardstock, Canary (71463) – Cardstock, Foam Adhesive Squares (61710) – This To That, Neapolitan Clothespins (86200) – Embellishments, 5th & Frolic Accents & Phrases (42266) – Remarks Books,
5th & Frolic Fabric Stickers (42268) – Remarks, 5th & Frolic Die Cut Shapes (85600) – Embellishments, 5th & Frolic Scallop (93628) – Flutterbys, Phrase Garland (85603) - Garlands
1) Gather all your supplies and let’s get started!
2) Fold a 12 x 12” sheet of cardstock in half and hand cut a heart; this will be your base.
3) Trim several different papers (I used 10 for my heart) at 1/2”, 3/4”, and 1” wide. Then trim in both short and long pieces.
4) Start adding the paper strips to your heart. It’s just like a puzzle - they can either fit or overlap. You have to play with them to get the look you want.
5) Now turn your heart over and trim excess pieces off the edge very slowly for a clean, smooth heart.
6) Add the “dream” phrase banner to the center – cut the tiny bow off of the right side and set it aside to use in a later step.
7) While on the back side, adhere the scallop Flutterbys to the edge of your heart.
8) Add the “keep it simple” clipboard die cut to the right side using dimensional adhesive.
9) Place two heart stickers and the little bow you cut over the clipboard then add a mini green flower sticker to the center of the tiny bows on the left and right.
10) Set two word stickers anywhere on your heart, along with a couple of heart stickers
11) Add black cardstock to a piece of pre-cut 12” foam board, adhere a 12” square piece of chicken wire to the cardstock and board by simply twisting the edges of the wire around the backside of your board. It will make it flush and smooth (no need to glue, this will not move). Add wire to top to hang or use an easel to display.
That's all there is to it! Thanks for stopping by!