Good morning and happy Monday! For those of you who will be celebrating Thanksgiving, I wanted to share this fun little project perfect for the little ones sitting at the kids table this Thursday.
Fancy Pants Designs supplies:
Hopscotch: patterned papers
Hopscotch: Glittered Chipboard Alphas
Artist Edition: Filter Papers
Various ribbons and trims
hot glue gun
die-cutting machine or kraft knife for handcutting
1.Download Feather art to use with a die-cutting machine or as a template for handcutting.
2. Cut feathers from various Hopcotch patterned papers in varying sizes (for each headdress, I cut one feather at 7" and eight feathers at 6"). Mark with a fabric pencil, desired spacing of feathers onto a length of ribbon (I used a little over a yard).
3. Stitch feathers onto ribbon.
4. Layer another length of ribbon over feathers (feathers will now be sandwiched in between both lengths of ribbon) and stitch along top, bottom and sides, leaving ribbon free near last feather at each end (this will allow one ribbon to be used to tied in a bow, while the other will hang free).
5. Stitch another trim on top for added decoration. I used ric-rack on one headdress and ball trim on the other.
6. Clip off feather tips.
7.Create a flattened paper rosette.
8. Layer paper rosette with filter paper (I sprayed mine with mist), scalloped paper circle and glittered chipboard alpha (as a monogram). Hot glue layers together and then hot glue to front of headdress.
9. To wear, tie at the back of head with ribbon.
10. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!