We always look forward to our holiday party; Jeff and Kristina are so good to us and put a lot of thought and love and creativitiy into preparing the evening for us! We didn't want you to miss out on the fun either. Here is a little behind-the-scenes look, as well as our 5 tips for how to have a fun holiday party (because we're experts!).
1. Anticipation is half the fun! Book a reservation at your favorite restaurant. Make a pretty invite. Find that fancy dress or argyle sweater vest in the back of your closet and prepare to have a blast.
2. Surprise your guests with a fun photo corner! A giant white poster can transform into a polaroid frame. Speech bubbles, arrows, "Naughty" and "Nice" signs, Santa apparel - they all make fun photo props. (The "Naughty!" arrow was used quite a bit at our party.)
3. Stay close to the food. My guest took 7 mushroom caps. SEVEN. We were debating putting some in my purse, but that might have been a little much.
4. Don't be shy! Participate in all the silly games your bosses love to host. We can't promise you won't get laughed at when using your face muscles to move an oreo from your forehead to your mouth, but it will be memorable, we promise. And you could win prizes!
5. Don't forget the party favors! Ours were so graciously stuffed with delicious peppermint bark and handmade journals embellished with washi tape and doodles by Kristina. We are so spoiled.
We hope you enjoyed getting a peek into our holiday party!
We already can't wait for next year. - Jamie