These family friendly New Year countdown bags were made by Jill Cornell and she's going to show us in a step-by-step tutorial how to make them for your own family!
NEW YEAR COUNTDOWN BAGS by Jill Cornell
Supplies: Pretty Parkway Paper (35800) - 5th & Frolic, Storytime Street Paper (35804) - 5th & Frolic, Cartwheel Court Paper (35806) - 5th & Frolic, Bowtie Boulevard Paper (35807) - 5th & Frolic, Little Moments Lane Paper (35808) - 5th & Frolic, Lark Lane Paper (35811) - 5th & Frolic, Dreamy Drive Paper (35820) - 5th & Frolic, Laughter Lane Paper (35821) - 5th & Frolic, Treasured Terrace Paper (35822) - 5th & Frolic, 5th & Frolic Printed Variety Tags (85599) - Bits, 5th & Frolic Scallop (93628) - Flutterbys, 5th & Frolic Pennant (93629) - Flutterbys, Fox Gold (53414) - Thickers, 5th & Frolic Ribbon Value 24 Pack (89427) - Premium Ribbon
1) Cut a piece of patterned paper to fit the front of a glassine or paper bag. Cut a strip of gold polka dot vellum and adhere it to the top of the bag. Cut 3-5 pieces of the stitched triangle or scallop banner Flutterbys and adhere them below the patterned paper.
2) Cut out a Polaroid from patterned paper and edge it with gold ink. Add Thickers numbers to the Polaroid then adhere it to the bag with foam adhesive.
3) Punch confetti from patterned paper and cardstock.
4) Add sequins to the confetti pile (a little confetti goes a long way!).
5) Place the confetti in the bag. Add patterned paper or cardstock to a tag with removable adhesive (this way you can reuse the tags on another project). Add a family activity to the tag. Tie ribbon in bow on top.
6) Place the tag in the bag and fold the top over. Punch two holes through the top of the bag and tie ribbon through in a bow.
7) Create as many bags and you want for your countdown and enjoy opening them up every hour!
Thanks for the fun, easy, and fabulous tutorial Jill!